Reading Gives you Superpowers!

 We can see pictures of people from different ages, genders and social states reading books. People who are reading alone in a public place, or they who are reading the same book with a familiar or with their classmates. Some of them are really interested in reading, and others read books as compulsory tasks chosen by teachers or parents. Everyone is having reading experiences completely different which will mark their future reading habits. I consider that reading gives us superpowers in any situation: the superpower of entertain themselves, the superpower of learning more about the world, the superpower of connecting with the characters and the story, or even the superpower of escaping from world problems.

I'm personally attached to these images. When I was a child, I loved reading because I could imagine great stories, identfy myself with the characters and discover a wonderful world. However, when I grow up, I started to read books that I wasn't interested in, mainly in the high school, because the topics weren't related to my likes and they were mandatory tasks. In this way, I was losing my interest in reading little by little.

Nowadays, I appreciate reading in Spanish as opportunities to learn rather than opportunities to imagine stories. Thus, I prefer reading books about my interests such as personal and professional growth in Spanish, although I also read about these topics in English, mainly online, because I can find more information about them on Internet. However, I like reading novels and great stories most in English because I can learn more about other cultures and lifestyles through the characters, so they help me to open my mind and enrich myself.

What about you? Do you want to get superpowers? Let's read!


Reading gives you superpowers!


Comentarios

  1. Congrats on your reflection! Like you, I also lost my interest in reading when I was at high school. Later, I realised that reading not only gives us super powers, but also provides us with magic to become smarter and empathic beings.
    Regards.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario