Let's create a comic with Pixton!

 The next activity I have planned for my students from the fifth level is the creation of a comic using a motivating resource called Pixton. Pixton is a comic, storyboard and graphic novel maker that help my students to write English in a fun way.

Thus, the task consists in the creation of a comic bearing in mind the vocabulary (buildings in a city) and the grammatical structures (giving directions) my students have learnt in the unit. It must be carried out in heterogeneous groups, I mean, students from different talents and capacities are in the same team. 

With this task, I pretend to fulfill the following learning objectives:

- Encourage my students to write in English in a fun way.

- Put the vocabulary and the grammatical structures learnt into practice.

- Work in groups in order to create a final product (a comic).

- Develop imagination and creativity.

As the first step in the task, I specify the key aspects the story of the comic must have:

- Greetings and farewells.

- Giving directions.

- Three buildings of a city are mentioned in the story.

- The story is carried out in two or three different scenes.

Before creating their own story on the computer, they must elaborate a draft in their notebook which is checked by me.

Finally, they must make a presentation of their comics, so the rest of my students can co-evaluate the tasks from their peers and learn about them.

It is a great opportunity to develop student's creativity and imagination because they have to create their own characters and the background where the communicative situation takes place. However, working in groups is an arduous task for my students because they have to reach agreements in order to elaborate a final product.

Here you can see an example of the task.








Comentarios